Family Protection Plan with Terminal Illness
Nearly 85% of Americans say most people need life insurance, yet only 62% have coverage and a staggering 33% say they don’t have enough life insurance, including one-fourth who already have life insurance coverage.* Nobody wants to be a statistic – especially during a period of grief. That’s why 5Star Life Insurance Company developed its FPP policy – to ensure your clients and their loved ones are covered during a period of loss.
This plan pays the insured 30% (25% in Connecticut & Michigan) of the policy coverage amount in a lump sum upon the occurrence of a terminal condition that will result in a limited life span of less than 12 months.
Your clients choose the level of benefit that best meets the needs of their family.
Take it with you
Coverage with no loss of benefits or increase in cost should your client leave their employer after the first premium is paid, in which case 5Star Life will simply bill your client directly. Coverage can never be cancelled by us or the employer unless your client stops paying premiums.
Policies can be purchased on the employee, their spouse, children, and grandchildren.
Children & Grandchildren Plan
Policies can also be purchased for children and grandchildren from ages 14 days through 23 years.
Premiums are taken care of simply and easily through payroll deductions.
Protection You Can Count On
Within 24 hours after receiving notice of an insured’s death, an emergency death benefit of the lesser of 50% of the coverage amount, or $10,000 will be mailed to the insured’s beneficiary, unless the death is within the two-year contestability period and/or under investigation. This product contains no war or terrorism exclusions
* LIMRA International and LIFE Foundation’s 2013 Insurance Barometer Study
Quality of Life Rider
The Qualify of Life Rider accelerates a portion of an employees death benefit monthly – 3% or 4% – each month as scheduled by an employer at the group level, and payable directly to the employee on a tax favored basis. An employee can receive up to 75% of the current face amount of the life benefit, following a diagnosis of either a chronic illness or cognitive impairment that requires substantial assistance.
Benefits are paid for the following:
- Permanent inability to perform at least two of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) without substantial assistance, or
- A permanent severe cognitive impairment, such as dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of senility requiring substantial supervision.
Automatic Increase Rider (AIR)
The Automatic Increase Rider allows an employee or spouse to incrementally purchase additional coverage to their existing policy for the first 5 consecutive years (available for both employee and spouse coverage), on the policy anniversary date, for only $1 additional premium per week. There is no cost for including this rider, which is only available during initial enrollment, and systematic increases will begin on the first policy anniversary date.
- Each annual increase in coverage is Guaranteed Issue, regardless of the insured’s health or occupation
- Benefit is locked-in at the time of policy issue
- Annually increased benefits are payable at first year compensation levels
- Benefit growth in step with increasing cost of living expenses
Waiver of Premium Rider
The Waiver of Premium rider allows an employee who is totally disabled due to sickness or accidental bodily injury, after a consecutive six month waiting period, to have his/her premium payments waived for as long as he/she is disabled. Total disability means:
- During the first 24 months, the employee is unable to perform the substantial and material duties of his/her job, or
- Total and permanent loss of sight of both eyes, hearing in both ears, speech or the use of both hands, both feet or one hand and one foot, and
- After 24 months, the insured is unable to perform the substantial and material duties of his/her job and cannot be retrained to perform any other job.
The AIR and Waiver of Premium riders are not able to be combined on the same policy. Both Quality of Life and Waiver of Premium riders are only available for selection at the group level, meaning all participating employees would have this coverage embedded in their policy, per the election made by the group.